Financial report 2016 and 2017
At 2016 Nepali Children Foundation started to build Nepali Children guest house.
Most of the income has been spend for the materials. Nepali Children kept going on with the two same sponsor child.
At 2017 we saw no differences. Also that year all income were spend for same making the house and the two sponsor children.
Fund would be raised in various ways to run and support our different projects:
The programs of 2016 and 2017 include:
- Preparing a road to Nepali Children Guest House.
- Building and maintenance of Nepali Children Guest House.
- Acquire necessary inventory for Nepali Children Guest House.
- Creating vegetable garden
- Administrative costs like registration costs, banking costs, website costs etc.
- Paying expenses and salary for staff and volunteers.
- Jolanda Bijl and Ram Prashad Sedhain would have a basic salary Rupees 10,000 per month (nowadays Euro 75)
- Monthly payment for the family who generously offered us the space for Nepali Children Guest House.
The foundation provides:
- All costs that may occur for children for staying at Nepali Children Guest House. It is calculated that a family spends around Euro 100 per month for family for food, shelter, education, clothes, basic medical care etc.
- All educational costs for sponsor children (Euro 150 per child per year)
Estimated different ways for collecting funds
- By Overnight (home)stay for tourists
- By trekking and tour arrangement for tourists
- By Selling Nepali handicrafts and agricultural produces
- Sponsoring of sponsor children
We have very active boardmembers who would help in every possible ways to make this project successful and a reality. They will also work on promoting the cause in The Netherlands and other parts of Europe.
Also, it is expected that volunteers would contribute in multiple ways in trying to collect funds:
- A lot of people are helping on fairs selling Nepali handicraft and on the webshop www.NepalWebshop.com
- Jolanda Bijl give lectures at summer about her experiences and about Nepal in general.
- Donations: A lot of people give generously to support the goals of Nepali Children Foundation.
- Employers buy Nepali handicraft from our webshop and to give as a present to their employees.
- A network is build up to promote Nepali Children Foundation, more and more people are willing to join in this effort.
- Jolanda Bijl puts a lot of effort into the Nepali Children Foundation. This is done solely based on her altruistic feeling towards Nepal and Nepali children with a very small financial compensation to make it possible for her to stay at Nepal
Regardless to say, all profits will be spend to Nepali Children Foundation.
Many volunteers have contributed to make this project successful:
• We have board members who spend a lot of time at The Netherlands to become a professional organisation and generate income.
• All pictures on this website are made by student Niklas Westdijk and Jolanda Bijl
• The style and layout of this website is designed by Niklas Westdijk and implemented by Ben Beijer develops and maintains the websites
• Jolanda Bijl comes every year to The Netherlands for selling Nepali handicraft. Without support of her friends, this was not possible.
Future options to collect money
- crowdfunding (/fundrazr.com)
- Kind Financieel Adopteren
- Stichting Madat Nepal (www.madatnepal.nl)
- Vrienden Nepal en Nederland: (www.nepal-vnn.nl)
- Wilde Ganzen (www.wildeganzen.nl)
- Rotary Club, Lions Club